It’s Marvellous Monday! Did you know…
- Elizabeth Windsor becomes Queen Elizabeth II upon the death of her father, King George VI in 1952. She is currently the longest-reigning monarch in the world.
- CN Tower construction begins in Toronto, Ontario in 1973. Becomes the tallest free-standing building in the world – completed in 1976.
- Stephen Harper is sworn in as Canada’s 22nd Prime Minister in 2006.
- “Monopoly”, the board game goes on sale for the first time in 1935.
- Adolf Hitler officially opens the Fourth Winter Olympic Games in 1936.
Look who was born on this day…
- Babe Ruth – 1895
- Ronald Reagan – 1911
- Bob Marley – 1945